Blue Coast Farms Collective Agreement
Collective Membership Application and Membership Agreement for Blue Coast Farms, Inc.,
A California Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation
Blue Coast Farms Membership Application
Blue Coast Farms is dedicated to providing our members the highest level of quality service pursuant to the Compassionate Use Act (Health & Safety Cost 11362.5 et. Esq.) This agreement contains member requirements and guidelines to ensure compliance with the Compassionate Use Act and to ensure the safety of our members.
All prospective members’ status as qualified patients must be verified prior to acceptance into Blue Coast Farms. In the event that a patient’s status cannot be verified immediately, Blue Coast Farms will contact the prospective member to advise of confirmation status.
Blue Coast Farms Membership Terms and Conditions
I hereby state that as a qualified patient or a primary caregiver who has received a valid physician’s recommendation for the use of medical marijuana in accordance with the California Health and Safety Code § 11362.5 (“Proposition 215” or “Compassionate Use Act of 1996”) and Article 2.5, commencing with Section 11362.7, to Chapter 6 of Division 10 of the California Health and Safety Code (“SB 420”), wish to voluntarily join and become a member of Blue Coast Farms, Inc., (the “Collective”) and agree to follow the terms and conditions as set forth in this agreement.
- I hereby declare under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that a medical doctor recommended or approved my use of medical marijuana for an illness for which cannabis provides relief in accordance with the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 and SB 420.
- As a member, I hereby appoint and designate the Collective and their representatives, as any true and lawful agents for the limited purpose of assisting me in obtaining my legally prescribed medical marijuana. I understand that this means that the Collective will be required to possess, purchase, cultivate, transport and/or distribute medical marijuana exclusively for member qualified patients or primary caregivers. Therefore, I grant the Collective’s management and other fellow members the limited authority to engage in the afore-mentioned tasks. I further agree and authorize the Collective and its members to use information relating to my status as a qualified patient as use of such information is reasonably necessary for providing my medical marijuana for my medical benefit as a qualified patient.
- I authorize the Collective to create and/or assign agency rights in its own name for the purpose of growing marijuana for my personal medical reasons as well as for the medical benefit of other members of the Collective.
- As a member, I understand that the Collective has other members who have joined and agreed to uphold the Collective’s rules and spirit by, among other things, signing a similar membership agreement. I hereby authorize the Collective to possess the medical marijuana as described under this agreement jointly with the other members of the Collective under similar agreements. I agree that the medical marijuana possessed by the Collective is at any time the collective property of every patient who has joined the Collective, subject to the Collective’s rules and guidelines established by and for the Collective for handling medical marijuana for the benefit of member patients.
- I agree to pay the Collective all personal out-of-pocket expenses and reasonable compensation for services related to providing medical marijuana to me and other member patients.
- I hereby verify that I am a resident of California and my personal medical marijuana will not be taken out of the State of California. I further verify and agree that medical marijuana shall not be shared, sold, bartered, traded, exchanged or delivered by any means to any other person for medical or other reasons. I understand that diversion of medical marijuana for non-medical purposes and/or to other individuals shall be grounds for the immediate termination of my membership. I also agree to request amounts of medicine strictly for my medical personal use at reasonably necessary intervals.
- I agree to possess my original, or true and correct copy, of my physician’s recommendation, when I am on the property used by or belonging to the Collective. I understand that my failing to do so may result in the termination of membership and that verbal recommendations from physicians will not be accepted. I hereby agree to all future changes of the Collective’s policies as the laws relating to access to medical marijuana might change. I further agree to provide the Collective with all changes relating to my contract information as well as my status as a qualified patient.
- I understand and agree that adherence to the rules of the Collective is the collective responsibility of all patient members, including myself. I agree that any violation of the terms of the Agreement or any other Collective member rules are grounds for the immediate termination of my membership.
- I understand and agree that while medical cannabis has been authorized by both the people of the State of California and its legislature, and consistently upheld by all California courts, the Federal Government persists in enforcing portions of the Controlled Substances Act, which makes the possession and use of medical cannabis a federal crime. I hereby certify that I have been advised by an authorized agent of the Collective that possession and use of marijuana for medical purposes might be grounds for prosecution under federal law.
- I hereby acknowledge having read and accepted the terms of the Collective’s Patient Rights and Responsibilities, a copy of which is attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference.
- By joining the Collective all patients hereby agree to indemnity and hold harmless Blue Coast Farms, Inc., from all alleged wrongdoing which may be the fruit of undercover investigations conducted by the patient during their membership with the Collective. Any undercover officers, narcotics investigators with or without identification who join the collective and obtain information about the activities of the Collective hereby acknowledge to relinquish all information and agree that said information may not be used in a court of law to support any testimonial evidence by the member/officer.
- All new patients hereby agree that they have no associations with any law enforcement agencies or entities, and hereby agree not to mislead the Collective by failing to admit that the new member is an undercover officer or has any association with law enforcement. All officers and law enforcement agents who pose as an undercover officer or not, hereby agree that all criminal evidence discovered as a result of the officer being a member of the Collective is irrelevant hearsay and inadmissible evidence in either a civil or criminal court setting. For the purposes of this section, all undercover investigations refers to all evidence and witness information derived from the undercover officers posing as a new patient, including but not limited to any patients who may be informants, in witness protection programs, patients possessing fraudulent documents, licenses, or posing as sales reps or producers.
- Members of Blue Coast Farms, Inc. must contribute and/or donate monetarily for the exchange of resources and for the membership, such contributions being necessary to conduct the day to day operation of Blue Coast Farms for the mutual benefit of its members. Any members who wish to cultivate marijuana for the benefit of Blue Coast Farms and its members may do so, however, said member must be in possession of a valid recommendation to ensure that the amount cultivated is consistent with the needs of Blue Coast Farms and its members, as well as compliant with local ordinances that may affect the member’s ability to cultivate marijuana at a given location. Additionally, compensation to any members growing on behalf of Blue Coast Farms will be limited to reimbursement of reasonable operating costs.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT. ADDITIONALLY, I HEREBY AUTHORIZE MY TREATING PHYSICIAN TO RELEASE ANY MEDICAL INFORMATION CONCERNING MY DIAGNOSIS, CONDITION OR PROGNOSIS TO BLUE COAST FARMS, INC., AND ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTITIVES